Saturday 1 October 2011

I Am Teacher 2.0

I've now completed Steve Hargadon's Teacher 2.0: Using the Web for Your Personal and Professional Growth, and overall found it to be a very beneficial process. The workshop day back in August was a great introduction, covering many of the same concepts, and I benefited from being able to go back over the ideas in my own time, to really take in the big ideas.

How often do we give our students the opportunity to slow down and process something they have been exposed to? Particularly if they already appear to have achieved competence. There is a difference between being able to do something, and seeing the big picture and significance of the ideas behind it.

For me, that's an important take-away message.

You might like to check out my 'Personal Web Presence', created during completion of the above series of tasks: http://www.natashaglaister.com

I would love to receive feedback or suggestions on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment