Sunday 25 September 2011

I Matter!


I'm doing Steve Hargadon's "Teacher 2.0: Using the Web for Your Personal and Professional Growth", after attending a professional development day of the same name a few weeks ago. I completed step one on the day, which asked me to register at http://www.teacher20.com.

Step two asks me to ponder what I am good at. I believe that I am really good at adapting my teaching to include new ideas - I am very open-minded. I will try pretty much anything at least once, and will always look for ways to incorporate the best aspect of new things into my teaching. This certainly extends to using technology in my classroom, there is a multitude of technology out there, and I am continually striving to seek out the best tools and incorporate them into my teaching.

My students certainly recognise this, teaching from the edge of my comfort zone frequently takes me outside it, and I share this openly with them. My commonly heard phrase is "I don't know if this will work, but let's try it anyway". I think it's so important to model this mindset for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment